evaluating software, some problems.

International users can use this forum to discuss ConPresso related topics in english here.
Antworten
SHuser

evaluating software, some problems.

Beitrag von SHuser »

Hello,

We are evaluating conpresso software for further use, but we are running into a problem. We are trying to type in HTML code into the wysiwig editor, but it is not possible. We want to show examples of HTML code to our readers, like this:

To make a link, type in this:

<code>
<a href="link">Link</a>
</code>

But we cannot see the code because it interprets the code into a link. Please advise, we are trying version 3.4.5

Thanks.
shuser.
rk
ConPresso-Checker

Re: evaluating software, some problems.

Beitrag von rk »

Hello shuser,
try to disable the editor in the rubric-config, because MS ActiveX-Editor-Control change the text.

I try the following tags in the normal text input field:
<plaintext>
<a href="http://www.conpresso.de">Conpresso</a>
</plaintext>
and it works.

bye Ralf
balu
ConPresso-Entwickler
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

Beitrag von balu »

I don't think it's the ActiveX thats making problems there... if you type a the tag-symbols < > there they get converted by the ActiveX to

<a href="foobar" >

You can see this if you press the button for the html-code.

If you are not using the WYSIWYG editor you might have to replace the < > with < > yourself.

Balu
PS: I'm sorry, I just checked and the code really get's converted somewhere. I am going to check the conpresso code that might do this.

Post Edited (10-01-03 00:13)
Bartels.Schöne
ConPresso Support & Development
rk
ConPresso-Checker

Beitrag von rk »

Hello Balu,
i've test it again.

It is a little bit funy because everything after the <plaintext> starttag was displayed as Plaintext. It seems, that the </plaintag> endtag doesn't work :-(.

SELFHTML recommed not use the <plaintext> tag, better is the <pre> tag.
But <pre> display a link and not htmlcode.

Post Edited (10-01-03 00:20)
SHuser

Beitrag von SHuser »

Thanks for the replies guys. I know, it's a wierd problem.

If I save the article, and go check MySQL, it displays perfectly. I checked straight from the database, and I made a page with a simple query to that field and it displays perfectly. But when I go to modify the article, it queries the database for the text and the <> tags get converted.

The problem, I think, is that it gets converted by Conpresso when it gets queried.

I don't know very much about PHP, but this is an example, in the i_modify.php, it queries the database and then assigns the values like this:

(line 61 of _includesite/i_modify.php 3.4.5)

<code>

if ( $db->v("text_1") != '' ) { $text_1 = $db->v("text_1"); }

</code>

The ' $db->v("text_1") I think does some scrubbing to get rid of html tags, but I could be wrong.

I will try the plaintag, maybe I can make that work.
SHuser

Beitrag von SHuser »

Hi Again
I disabled the editor in the category and I can now paste code and it appears in the article. I guess I will have to use this as a workaround until I can figure out how to fix it.

shuser
balu
ConPresso-Entwickler
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

Beitrag von balu »

Hi SHuser,

I've found two places that effect this behaviour:

./_include/select_db.php
at the end of this file there is a block of three if statements (one for $db_html_1, $db_html_2 and $db_html_3). You can comment the complete block using /* at the beginning and */ at the end so it looks like:
/*
if ( $db_html_1 == 1 )
{
[...]
$output_text_3 = ereg_replace ( """, "\"", $output_text_3);
}
*/

./_include/edit_text.php
This file contains a block right at the beginning where $text_value gets modified with many modifications. You should comment the complete block out like above:
/*
$text_value = ereg_replace ( ">", ">", $text_value);
[...]
$text_value = ereg_replace ( "'", "'", $text_value);
*/

I am not yet sure wether this creates any other problems as I did not have the time to check it carefully enough. So I'd love to hear if you experience any problems after changing those lines.

I am about to look deeper at it to find out if it is still an old part of code that got left from days where we did not have a WYSIWYG-editor but had to type html into the textfields manually.

Balu

Bartels.Schöne
ConPresso Support & Development
SHuser

Beitrag von SHuser »

Thanks!!! That was very helpful of you balu, I appreciate it. I will give it a shot, hopefully everything works in regression testing.
SHuser

Beitrag von SHuser »

Balu,
I commented out those lines. Strangely, it had no effect. The problem still seems to be there, unfortunately :(

I will try again and see what happens.

thanks for your help.
SHuser
SHuser

Beitrag von SHuser »

Ok, I figured it out. But it only works when the editor is activated.

I found the line in a file called _include/form.php

$text_1 = ereg_replace ( "<", "<", $text_1);
$text_1 = ereg_replace ( ">", ">", $text_1);
$text_2 = ereg_replace ( "<", "<", $text_2);
$text_2 = ereg_replace ( ">", ">", $text_2);
$text_3 = ereg_replace ( "<", "<", $text_3);
$text_3 = ereg_replace ( ">", ">", $text_3);

When I commented this out, it worked. I only needed to comment out $text_2 which is the Article details field.

But when I de-activate the editor, conpresso still converts > and < to < > when the is queried on the article edit page.

for example, with the editor deactivated, I inserted the following example text.

<body blah blah>

If I submit the article ONCE, it works fine. But if I call it up again, the text area now shows:

<body blah blah>

and if I submit THAT, it interprets it as HTML of course.

So I have a temporary workaround.

Shuser.
Antworten